ACC was incorporated in October of 1977. We are celebrating over 30 years of service as the World's Leading Manufacturer of Automotive Replacement Carpet. Jack Holland was the founder of ACC. Jack had been in the auto trim business for many years before starting Auto Custom Carpets. Jack started out by purchasing the carpet used in the molding operation from OEM suppliers such as Collins & Aikman, J.P. Stevens and Masland. In April of 1984 he purchased Academy Carpets, Inc. in Dalton, GA and began tufting his own carpet. In January of 1986 he purchased the plant that was formerly operated by the Automotive Division of E.T. Barwick Mills. For many years, this plant was a prime carpet supplier to General Motors and Chrysler Corporation. The first molded carpets used in the automotive industry were developed at this plant in 1958. By purchasing this plant, ACC was not dependent upon any supplier for its carpet needs.
In 1995, a management group consisting of Ken Howell, John Mahlendorf, Jeff Moses and George Miller purchased the company from Mr. Holland. In April of 1998 the other three stockholders purchased George Miller's stock. The company acquired Jeff Moses' stock from his estate following his untimely death in February of 2001. In 2002, the company established an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The ESOP was put in place to acquire John Mahlendorf's stock thus allowing him to retire. The ESOP has purchased 75.5% of John's stock with Ken Howell purchasing the other 24.5% thus leaving Ken Howell as the only remaining member of the 1995 buyout and the majority stockholder.
ACC acquired Auto Carpets Systems (ACS) in September 2007. This acquisition allowed ACC to be an even stronger automotive flooring company with greater capabilities.
Today, Auto Custom Carpets, Inc. employs over 150 workers across two states and five locations. Our corporate office is located in Anniston, AL. We also have three production facilities in Anniston and one in Lafayette, GA. We offer over 25,000 flooring applications to fit vehicles ranging from the 1940's to current day models. Each is offered in its original color and material and is custom made to meet or exceed OEM specifications.